Tutorial/Opinion: How I learned NLP
If you are looking at a lot of data science jobs or Kaggle competitions you’ll notice that there is a lot of demand for computer vision and nautral language processing (NLP). Here’s the steps I took to learn NLP
- This sounds like a unrelated first step, but I learned how to make use of Shiny in R.
- I read the book Text Mining With R by Julia Silge and David Robinson.
- Using my knowledge of Shiny and what I had learned from the book I built a web app to analyze tweets from users. Doing an actual project is the best way to learn, in my opinion.
I took the following LinkedIn Learning courses. For the most part, this information was a repeat of the above, but done in python instead of R.
- NLP with Python for Machine Learning Essential Training
- Processing Text with Python Essential Training
- Text Analytics and Predictions with Python Essential Training